Missouri Texas Holdem Poker Rooms
It's fair to say that poker is struggling a little bit in Missouri. The state was dealt a major blow when the River City Casino poker room shut its doors in April of 2016. This sent shockwaves through the poker community as this was considered one of the best places to play and was featured prominently in the Heartland Poker Tour. Thankfully, many of the other poker rooms in the state are still offering poker including the Lumiere Place casino, which is now considered by many as the best place to play in the state.
You'll mainly find poker in, or around, St. Louis and St. Charles in Missouri with some rooms available also in Kansas City. The game of choice is no limit holdem, no surprises there, with many rooms offering daily tournaments. After this you'll usually be able to find a limit holdem game or some Omaha in most of the poker rooms we've listed for you below.
Unfortunately, you can't play regulated poker online in Missouri and it's likely you won't be able to for a few years to come. Perhaps in 5 or 10 years you'll be able to, but until then you'll have to visit one of the few land based poker rooms to get your poker hit.
The standard of play has improved a lot, because of the poker wane and the fact you won't come across as many amateurs taking to the felt these days. Still, you can find some great value in the games in this state and if you're passing through you should make some time to sit down at the felt.
List of Missouri Poker Rooms
Here is our compiled list of all the poker rooms you can find in the state of Missouri:
Ameristar Casino Kansas City
- LocationKansas City, Missouri
- Hours24 hours, 7 days
- GamesIf you are looking for a cash game you will find $1 / $2 and $2 / $5 no limit holdem, $3 / $6 limit holdem and $4 / $8 limit Omaha 8 or better tables running here. On top of this they run no limit holdem tournaments every day except Tuesday and Thursday. The buy in ranges from $65 up to $160. The poker room here also hosts some Heartland Poker Tour events from time to time.
- AmbienceThis poker room is spacious and open with clean tables and comfortable chairs. No smoking is permitted in the room and the sky based décor will make you feel like you are playing poker outside. They also have TVs well placed around the room to keep you entertained between hands.
- HospitalityYou can earn comps at $1 per hour in this poker room through the Star Awards rewards program. On top of this you'll be served food and cocktails at the table so you will never miss a hand. If you just want soda you can get this for free. Finally, they offer some weekly cash prizes and you'll be in the running for the bad beat jackpot while playing cash and the minimum qualifying hand is jacks full of twos, which is quite low.
- PlayersIf you want the best possible action visit when the Heartland Poker Tour event is running. Outside of this you'll want to visit on weekend evenings for the softest tables. At other times, you'll mostly come across regulars and older men who are looking to pass the time playing some ABC poker. This isn't such a bad thing but you won't get maximum value at these times.
Ameristar Casino St. Charles
- LocationSt. Charles, Missouri
- Hours24 hours, 7 days Except 5am to 6am on Wednesday.
- GamesYou'll find $1 / $3 and $5 / $10 no limit holdem, $1 / $2$5 pot limit Omaha high, $3 / $5 and $5 / $10 limit Omaha 8 or better, $3 / $6 limit holdem and $1 / $2 / $5 limit 5 card Omaha cash games running in this poker room. At the quiet times, it's usually just $1 / $3 no limit holdem running. On top of this they run a weekly no limit holdem tournament with a buy in of $150 on Sunday at midday.
- AmbienceThis no-smoking poker room has TVs on the walls to keep you entertained while you play and features clean and comfortable tables and chairs in a brown décor with mood lighting so you don't get sore eyes when you put in a long session.
- HospitalityYou can earn comps at a rate of $1 per hour, plus 20 tier points, while you play in this casino. Points and comps are accumulated through the Star Rewards program. Cocktail and food service is available at the table for players and the room runs a high hand prize, busted bullets prize, and a bad beat jackpot in its cash games as well.
- PlayersYou won't have to wait too long for a table in this poker room at any time of the day. The main game is $1 / $3 no limit holdem and you'll come across recreational players and full time poker professionals. So, pick your spots and take your time and you should be able to do well.
Harrah's North Kansas City
- LocationKansas City, Missouri
- Hours24 hours, 7 days. Except on Wednesday from 5am until 8am.
- GamesIf you are looking for a tournament you will come across up to two per day her with the main game being no limit holdem and the buy in ranging from $50 up to $120. For the cash players, they spread $1 / $2, $2 / $5 and $5 / $10 no limit holdem, $2 / $5 pot limit Omaha high and $3 / $6 and $20 / $40 limit holdem.
- AmbienceThis non-smoking poker room features TVs on the walls to keep you covered with your latest sports bets and green felt tables against a brown and beige décor with colorful patterned carpets. The room is well lit and is great for longer sessions. Being conveniently located just off the main casino floor means you won't be too distracted by noise, and sometimes the view, while you play.
- HospitalityComps can be earned at a rate of 75 cents per hour while playing cash through the Total Rewards program. On top of this you'll be served food and cocktails at the table so you need never miss a hand. They also offer players the chance to win big with a progressive bad beat jackpot.
- PlayersYou'll find the usual mix of local regulars, recreational players and visitors in this Caesars casino. The play can be tough during the day time but it certainly loosens up in the evenings, which is the best time to play if you are seeking maximum value.
Hollywood Casino St. Louis
- LocationMaryland Heights, Missouri
- Hours24 hours, 7 days - Except on Wednesday from 6am until 7am.
- GamesNo limit holdem and dealer's choice tournaments are held on Monday and Wednesday with a buy in of $100. If you are looking for a ring game they spread $1 / $3, $2 / $5 and $5 / $10 no limit holdem, $1 / $2 and $2 / $5 pot limit Omaha high, $3 / $6 limit Omaha 8 or better and $2 / $6 limit holdem.
- AmbienceThis smoke free room features 18 large TVs to keep you entertained while you play and clean tables and comfortable chairs. The beige and brown décor clashed well with the room surroundings and colorful carpet in this open and spacious room.
- HospitalityComps can be earned in cash games at a rate of 75 cents per hour in this poker room through the Marquee Rewards program. Cocktails and food are also offered to players while at the table, and you can get coffee and soda for free while you play in the room. Finally, they run a series of promotions including aces cracked and made hand, as well as a bad beat jackpot when your quads are beaten.
- PlayersThe dealers and management here are great. They welcome new players with open arms and are great to regulars. This welcoming environment is matched by those regular players which means it's just a great place to play. The play is quite competitive most of the time which means you'll have to bring your best game and have your wits about you while you play.
Isle Casino Cape Girardeau
- LocationCape Girardeau, Missouri
- HoursMonday to Thursday from 12pm until 3am, Friday from 3pm until Monday at 3am
- GamesFor the cash players, they spread $1 / $3 no limit holdem and $3 / $6 and $4 / $8 limit holdem. No limit holdem tournaments are held on Thursday at 1pm and Sunday at 4pm. The buy in is $65 in both.
- AmbienceThis non-smoking poker room is clean, spacious and brightly lit. They also have TVs strategically placed around the room so you can stay up to date with all the latest sports scores while you play.
- HospitalityThis poker room offers players food and cocktails at the table and comps can be earned through the Fan Club rewards program. They also run a series of promotions and jackpots to push your drop and rake dollars further, especially for the lucky rounders that take them down.
- PlayersIt's quite mixed in respect to the players that you will face at the tables in the Isle Casino Cape Girardeau poker room. You'll find mostly regulars during the days and the competition will be quite tough. If you visit in the evening hours more amateurs will be out playing which will result in more value for you at the table.
Lumiere Place Casino
- LocationSt. Louis, Missouri
- Hours24 hours, 7 days. Except on Wednesday from 6am until 8am.
- GamesThe poker room at Lumiere Place offers no limit holdem tournaments on Friday and Saturday at 7pm with a $65 buy in. For the cash players, out there they spread $1 / $3 and $5 / $10 no limit holdem, $5 / $5 pot limit Omaha 8 or better, $5 / $5 pot limit five card Omaha, $1 / $3 mixed and $4 / $8 limit holdem. This poker room is also featured in the Heartland Poker Tour.
- AmbienceTV's plaster the walls in this non-smoking poker room. The room is clean and partially separated from the main casino with a half wall of wood and then glass to the ceiling. The room is well designed with a modern wooden and brown décor which sits well with the clean and comfortable poker tables and chairs. This is simply put, a nice place to play.
- HospitalityComps can be earned at a rate of 75 cents per hour while playing here through the MyChoice rewards program. On top of this you'll also be served food and cocktails at the table and they run a bad beat jackpot to keep you coming back.
- PlayersThis room is well known for having lots of loose action where patience will pay off. If you take your time and pick your spots, once you ride out the natural variance you will cash in nicely in this room. The overall vibe is welcoming and friendly and the dealers talk to the players just that perfect amount, without being too over the top. This is a nice place to play and of the best options in the St. Louis area.
If you're close to one of the big cities in Missouri you won't have too much trouble finding a game of Texas holdem, but if you live in a rural area you'll have to travel a bit. The state has many private and home games if you know where to look, so even if you're not in St. Louis you can still find a game. Ask other poker players you know about private games and you should find one quickly.