Week 3 NFC Battle: Cowboys vs Seahawks Betting Preview, Odds and Picks
After beating the Patriots in an exciting SNF matchup, the Seattle Seahawks will host the Dallas Cowboys in Week 3. This NFC showdown will be an indicator of where these two teams are heading in the first half of the season.
Can Dallas build up some momentum from their comeback win last weekend or will Russell Wilson keep cooking up opposing defenses and lead the Seahawks to a 3-0 record? Kickoff inside CenturyLink Field is at 4:25PM ET.
Cowboys vs Seahawks Live Odds and Betting History
The following odds are courtesy of BetOnline:
|Dallas Cowboys||+4.5 (-110)||+185||Over 55 (-115)|
|Seattle Seahawks||-4.5 (-110)||-215||Under 55 (-105)|
|Betting Data||Dallas Cowboys||Seattle Seahawks|
|2020 ATS Home||0-1||1-0|
|2020 ATS Away||0-1||1-0|
|2020 O/U Home||1-0||1-0|
|2020 O/U Away||0-1||1-0|
Cowboys vs Seahawks NFL Game Preview
Dallas and Seattle have played against each other 20 total times and it’s the Cowboys holding the all-time advantage with an 11-9 record. However, it’s Seattle who’s gone 3-1 in the last four meetings and they’ve also won four of their last five home games against Dallas.
- The Dallas Cowboys (1-1) is coming off a crazy win over Atlanta where they were down by 15 points with eight minutes left in the game. The Cowboys were able to score three times in that span and win the game 40 to 39. Dallas is looking to build off that epic victory with the hopes of upsetting the Seattle this weekend.
- The Seattle Seahawks (2-0) is coming off a classic SNF matchup against the Patriots where they held on to a 35-30 win. QB Russell Wilson has put up some crazy numbers in the first two weeks and there’s early season buzz over Russ being the frontrunner for NFL MVP. Can Russ keep cooking this weekend?
The Seahawks opened as the favorites with a spread as low as 2.5 points. Depending on which NFL betting site you are looking at now, Seattle is favored by 4.5 to 5 points. The Over/Under opened at 56 points and has come down to 55 total points with most online betting sites.
Head to Head Betting Trends
- Both teams are 5-5 SU in last 10 meetings
- Both teams are 5-5 ATS in last 10 contests
- The Under is 7-3 in last 10 matchups
- Seattle is 5-2 ATS in last seven meetings
- The Under is 4-1 in last five games at Seattle
- The Under is 8-3 in last 11 matchups
Dallas Cowboys Betting Trends
- 6-12 SU in last 18 road games
- 5-2 SU in last seven September games
- 2-3 SU in last five NFC West games
- 2-5 ATS in last seven overall games
- 1-5 ATS in last six NFC West games
- 3-1 ATS in last four games as road Underdog of 3.5 to 7 pts
- The Over is 7-2 in last nine NFC games
- The Over is 4-2 in last six overall games
Seattle Seahawks Betting Trends
- 12-5 SU in last 17 overall games
- 10-4 SU in last 14 home games
- 10-4 SU in last 14 NFC games
- 6-0 ATS in last six NFC East games
- 8-2 ATS in last 10 Week 3 games
- The Over is 5-1 in last five September games
Free SNF Sports Bet and Game Prediction: Seattle -4.5 (-110)
As I expected and predicted prior to the season, Dallas has very little to offer in the way of defense with their secondary. In two games, the Cowboys have allowed 407 total ypg, 274 passing ypg and 133 rushing ypg. They’ve also given up a staggering 29.5 ppg.
Now, they face an explosive Seattle offense that has scored 36.5 ppg along with putting up impressive numbers like 424 total ypg and 305 passing ypg.
Seattle QB Russell Wilson is going to destroy the Cowboys this weekend. He’s already thrown for 610 yards and nine TDs in two weeks. If Wilson can throw for over 300 yards against the Patriots defense then I expect him to easily hit that mark against Dallas.
Sunday night treating us right! 🙌
— Seattle Seahawks (@Seahawks) September 21, 2020
The Cowboys will have no answer for Seattle’s duo of receivers in DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett. I expect this tandem to torch the Cowboys secondary. I also expect Seattle to get out to a big lead before allowing Dallas to score some garbage time points.
However, I don’t expect Dallas to pull off the comeback this weekend like they did in Atlanta. Dallas should be 0-2 right now, but they got incredibly lucky last week. That luck will run out in Seattle where Dallas will not be able to keep up the scoring pace with the Seahawks.
I’m taking Seattle to not only cover the spread, but to win by a touchdown or more. I don’t like anything that Dallas has done so far this season other than Dak Prescott putting up some monster passing numbers when playing from behind.
Although Seattle’s front four hasn’t generated much pressure on opposing defenses, their secondary will outplay Dallas’ secondary and the Seahawks will win 34 to 27.
Dallas is 6-18 SU in their last 18 road games and Seattle is 10-4 SU in their last 14 home games. This matchup is definitely one that the Seahawks should win as Russell Wilson will keep cooking in Week 3 and outduel Dak Prescott just like he did Cam Newton on SNF.
Cowboys vs Seahawks Betting Recap:
- Oddsmaker: BetOnline
- Moneylines: Dallas (+185) vs Seattle (-215)
- Spread: Seattle -4.5 (-105)
- Over/Under: 55 total points (-115)
- Prediction: Seattle 34 – Dallas 27
- AFC North Thanksgiving Battle: Ravens vs Steelers Betting Preview
- Washington vs Cowboys Thanksgiving Betting Preview, Odds and Pick
- Thanksgiving Football: Texans vs Lions Betting Preview and Pick