New Hampshire Texas Holdem Card Rooms
For many years the only poker games you could find in New Hampshire were limit hybrids due to the fact the state had legislation prohibiting a bet of more than $4 in any casino or luck based game.
Unfortunately, this included poker. However, on June 30 2015 the governor of New Hampshire signed into legislation a bill that allowed for unlimited betting in poker. Thus, you can now find no limit Texas holdem games in pretty much every poker room in the state. Poker rooms must adhere to one condition though, and that is 35% of revenue from the games must be donated to charity, and another 10% to the state. On top of this the max buy in is $150 per round of play.
This is great for the game in this state as it brings a new level of excitement, and variance, to the game. It's also good for limit players as you can now realistically make a living by playing limit holdem professionally at higher stakes. Of course, you'll come across one other major beneficiary to this change and that's the dealers. They now have more job opportunities and the ability to earn more in tips. In a time when poker is going south in many states, this was a great change for the game, so well done New Hampshire!
Because of this change you can find some pretty soft no limit holdem games in a lot of the poker rooms in New Hampshire. This will change over time though so if you want to take advantage of it and feel that you have a sufficient edge, visit one of these rooms soon.
List of New Hampshire Poker Rooms
Here is our compiled list of all the poker rooms you can find in the state of New Hampshire:
4jacks Poker Room at Governors Inn
- LocationRochester, New Hampshire
- HoursOpen Wednesday to Friday from 5pm until 12am
- GamesYou'll find a daily no limit holdem tournament here with a buy in of $40 or $50. On top of this they also spread $1 / $2 and $2 / $4 no limit holdem cash tables.
- AmbienceThe poker area features 5 well maintained tables and comfortable chairs and is located within the Governors Inn. TV's are strategically placed through the room so you can stay on track with sports scores and the average stack in tournaments.
- HospitalityThis room offers cocktail service at the table and they also feature high hand and bad beat jackpots. You can also get food from the Governors Inn, where this poker room is located.
- PlayersIt's all about fun and good times in this poker room with a very warm and friendly atmosphere. No one takes their poker too seriously here, but the poker is of good standard which will make it challenging enough.
Aces and Eights Casino
- LocationHampton, New Hampshire
- HoursOpen Monday to Sunday from 12pm until 1am - only from June 27 to September 11
- GamesYou will only find no limit holdem $1 / $2 and $2 / $4 cash games here.
- AmbienceThis new casino features a small poker area with new and clean tables and chairs. They have placed TV's around the tables to keep you entertained between hands.
- HospitalityYou can get cocktails at the table while you play in the Aces and Eights Casino, on top of this food is available but only from the restaurant inside.
- PlayersThe play is quite weak in this casino with most players being visitors or tourists. If you are in the area and have a solid game then definitely stop in. The dealers and staff go out of their way to ensure everyone is having fun and feels welcome.
Boston Billiard Club & Casino
- LocationNashua, New Hampshire
- HoursOpen Sunday to Wednesday from 12pm until 12am
- GamesThis poker room only offers cash games. You will find $1 / $2 and $2 / $4 no limit holdem; $1 / $2 pot limit Omaha, $1 / $2 pot limit Omaha high low and $2 / $4 limit holdem.
- AmbienceThis billiard club features a large poker room within the casino area, it's quite close to the billiards also so can get quite loud at times. The wood panelled walls and mood lighting fit in well with the well maintained tables and chairs. No smoking is permitted in the poker area and you'll find TV's on the walls to keep you across the latest sports scores.
- HospitalityCocktails and food are available at the table while you play here. On top of this they offer a range of promotions and jackpots.
- PlayersThe play is quite solid in this poker room and most the visitors and tourists who visit here will opt to play roulette or blackjack instead. You can still find some value in the game though, especially on weekend evenings. It's a fun and welcoming environment and it feels like you are playing poker amongst a big party.
- LocationKeene, New Hampshire
- HoursOpen daily from 12pm until 1am
- GamesNo limit holdem tournaments are held Wednesday to Saturday with a buy in ranging from $10 to $150. On top of this they spread $1 / $2 no limit holdem and $2 / $4 limit Omaha 8 or better cash games.
- AmbienceThe poker room is located inside Colony Mills and features bright purple felt tables against brick work walls and green chairs on lightly colored carpets. The room features TV's on the walls and is no smoking for your comfort.
- HospitalityFood and cocktail service is available for players at the table and they also offer a range of promotions and jackpots in this poker room.
- PlayersYou'll come across some decent players in this room with the play being quite tough at most times. The vibe is friendly and welcoming because the regulars and staff understand how important new and amateur players are for the poker economy. If you bring a solid game and can ride out the variance you should do well here.
Lakes Region Casino
- LocationBelmont, New Hampshire
- HoursOpen daily from 12pm
- GamesYou'll find no limit holdem tournaments from Wednesday to Sunday with the buy in fluctuating between $10 and $50. If you are looking for a cash game you will find $1 / $1 and $1 / $2 no limit holdem, $2 / $4 and $4 / $4 limit holdem and $2 / $4 dealer's choice games running.
- AmbienceRed felt tables contrast well against the red and gold carpet and half wood panel walls in this no smoking poker room. The chairs are a bit random, however they are comfortable for long sessions. You'll also find TV's on the walls here to keep you entertained while the guy on the button shuffles his chips.
- HospitalityThis poker room offers players a range of promotions and progressive jackpots as well as providing cocktail and food service at the table.
- PlayersYou can come across some great action in this room with amateur and loose players making for some very juicy spots. If you bring a solid game you should do well in this fun and friendly poker room.
Manchester Poker Room
- LocationManchester, New Hampshire
- HoursOpen daily from 12pm until 1am
- GamesCash players will find $1 / $2 and $2 / $4 no limit holdem; $1 / $2 pot limit Omaha and $1 / $2 pot limit Omaha high. If you are looking for tournaments you will find no limit holdem events on varied days of the week and a stud even usually once a week. The buy in will range by tournament from $10 up to $220.
- AmbienceThe room is no-smoking and features TV's on the walls. The room is always clean and tables and chairs are well maintained and comfortable for long sessions.
- HospitalityCocktails and food can be ordered at the table and you'll also be in the running for a bad beat jackpot in this poker room.
- PlayersYou will find some great action in this poker room, particularly on weekends. Dealers and management are friendly and welcoming which is reflected by the players in the room. If you bring a good range and some patience you should do well here.
Seabrook Poker Room
- LocationSeabrook, New Hampshire
- HoursMonday to Thursday from 3pm until 12am, Friday 12pm until 1am, Saturday 11am until 1am, Sunday 12pm until 1am
- GamesNo limit holdem tournaments are held daily, with up to three on some days, and you'll also find a pot limit Omaha tournament on Sunday. The buy in ranges from $40 to $100 meaning tournament play is very affordable. For cash players this room spreads $1 / $2 no limit holdem, $1 / $4 stud, $2 / $4 limit Omaha 8 or better, and $2 / $4 limit holdem.
- AmbienceThis no smoking room has TV's on the walls and features green felt tables and comfortable black chairs in a well-lit and open room that used to be part of a dog track. The room has a bit of a temporary feel to it, but is nice to play poker in nonetheless.
- HospitalityYou will automatically take part in this room's progressive bad beat jackpot which pushes your dropped dollars even further. On top of this they offer a range of promotions and also provide players with cocktail and food service at the table.
- PlayersThe environment and vibe in this room is extremely friendly and welcoming. Everyone knows everyone else and if they don't they will go out of their way to welcome you and get to know you; this comes from players and staff alike. The play is solid in this room meaning you will need to bring your own A game to be able to do well. It's a great place to play poker and has really adapted well to offering no limit play.
The Poker Room at Hampton Falls
- LocationHampton Falls, New Hampshire
- HoursMonday and Thursday from 2pm until 1am, Tuesday and Wednesday 12pm until 1am, Friday to Sunday from 12pm until 1am
- GamesYou'll find daily no limit holdem tournaments here with sometimes up to three running each day. The buy in will range from $50 to $150 depending on the day and time of the tournament, so call ahead to check. For the cash players they spread $1 / $1, $1 / $2 and $2 / $4 no limit holdem, $2 / $4 limit holdem and $2 / $4 mixed games.
- AmbienceHigh wooden beams and wooden decor make this a very nice and attractive poker room. Throw in the maroon and light brown table felt and maroon chairs and you find yourself just chomping at the bit to play some poker. The room is open and well-lit with TV's along the walls. No smoking is permitted in the poker room at all.
- HospitalityThis poker room offers a bad beat jackpot and also a high hand bonus. On top of this they offer food vouchers for players during certain times. While playing, you'll get cocktail and food service at the table which is always nice.
- PlayersYou'll come across some quite weak and loose play in this particular poker room, especially in the evenings. Most tables will feature one or two regulars so if you steer clear of them then you should be able to cash in very nicely. The vibe in the room is welcoming and friendly, which is matched by the staff and dealers.
The River Casino
- LocationMilford, New Hampshire
- HoursWednesday and Thursday from 5pm until 1am, Friday 3pm until 1am, Saturday and Sunday from 12pm until 1am
- GamesNo limit holdem tournaments are held from Thursday to Sunday with the buy in fluctuating from $5 up to $20. If you are looking for a cash game you'll find $1 / $1, $1 / $2 and $2 / $4 no limit holdem, $1 / $2 pot limit Omaha high, and $2 / $4 dealer's choice.
- AmbienceThis no smoking poker room features automatic shufflers and TV's on the walls to keep you up to date with the latest sports scores. The blue felt tables are well maintained and match well with the half wood panel and half white walls.
- HospitalityThe poker room at the River Casino offers bad beat jackpots for both cash and tournament play. They also offer cocktail and drink service to players at the table.
- PlayersYou'll find a good mix of regulars and amateur players in this poker room. This means if you pick your spots well, are patient, and play a decent range you should be able to chip up quite easily.
Enjoy the new rules in place in New Hampshire the next time you want to play Texas holdem. Choose from the poker rooms reviewed above if you live in the state or are planning a trip.