Calculating Payouts From Decimal Odds
Decimal odds have slowly become the standard odds format used at sports betting sites. Some sites still use moneyline or fractional formats, but the decimal option is easily the most common. The likely reason is that it's widely considered to be the most straightforward of all three.
On this page, we show the required calculations to work out potential profits and payouts from decimal odds. We include examples of these calculations and provide a chart showing the payouts for several commonly used odds.
There are two calculations to know to work out the potential profit and total payout of a bet using decimal odds as follows.
Using These Calculations
The following examples illustrate how these calculations work in practice.
Decimal Odds Payout Chart
The following chart shows the potential profits and total payouts for various commonly-used decimal odds, based on a $10 stake.
Author: Brad Johnson
Updated: September 2017
Related Sports Betting Articles
- NJ Sen. Lesniak Introduced Bill to Facilitate International Gaming Compacts
- IOC Bans Russia from 2018 Winter Olympics Amid Doping Scandal
- Supreme Court Likely to Rule in Favor of New Jersey in Sports Gambling Case
- Giants Fire Head Coach Ben McAdoo, General Manager Jerry Reese
- Weekly Poker Roundup: December 3, 2017